Plasma Fibroblast Pen
Plasma Fibroblast pen is a non-invasive skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation procedure that uses plasma energy to regenerate the skin’s epidermal layer. The Pen heats and disrupts the deeper dermal structure. The procedure targets fibroblasts which generates collagen and elastin which is the protein responsible for skin elasticity and therefore treats wrinkles, sagging skin, skin tags and other skin lesion.
Plasma Fibroblast pen treatment can be used for a number of procedures to greatly enhance your looks without the need for costly and invasive surgery. Fibroblasts are important in helping skin wounds heal as well as maintaining skin firmness and tightness.
Plasma Fibroblast therapy uses a device similar to a pen that discharges a high-frequency electric current to small areas of the skin. The tip doesn’t actually touch the skin, but instead releases a targeted current just above the skin. The hot current creates small holes, or micro-injuries, in the skin’s layer.
Plasma Fibroblast therapy can be used an alternative to laser, injections or surgical procedures to help tighten and improve the aesthetics of the skin by:
- breaks down proteins in the skin
- encourages tissue regeneration
- stimulates fibroblast activity (creation of collagen and elastin)
- causes tissue contraction (tightening)
Plasma Fibroblast Treatment due to its technology and application, has many benefits and is suitable for most people:
- It is non-invasive meaning it does not require cosmetic surgery
- Tightens and lifts skin, including reduction of lines and wrinkles
- Eye lid correction (blepharoplasty) – including tightening baggy lower lids and excess upper eyelid skin
- Skin tag and mole removal
- Effective & safe acne and acne scars improvement
- Pigmentation reduction
- Skin regeneration
- Skin tightening for face and neck lifting
- Reduction of seborrheic keratosis (a skin growth)
- Reduce appearance of stretchmarks and scarring
- Skin Tags
- Boosting the transdermal absorption of skincare ingredients
The advantages over Cosmetic Surgery are:
- Non-invasive (no scalpels or cutting of the skin, no stitches)
- No bleeding
- Low risk
- Rapid recovery with minimal downtime
- Topical Anaesthetic required only
At Beautilase, we will carry out a thorough consultation prior to the treatment to address concerns you may have and run through what is involved in the treatment.
- Before the treatment, all make-up, oils, sunscreens and other skin products must be removed. Ideally you should do this prior to coming into the clinic.
- We will apply a topical anaesthetic (numbing cream) to the area. This usually takes 30 minutes to take effect.
- The area will be treated with the Plasma Fibroblast penwhich will create small arcs of micro-currents leading to small dots on the skin. The Pen will not actually touch the skin.
- Depending on the area, it could take 15 – 60 mins to complete.
- We will remove the numbing cream and apply Aloe Vera gel to minimise any tingling or burning sensation.
- You can resume your normal daily actives except for exercise (after 7 to 10 days). The brown dots takes 7 to 10 days to flake.
- If you are displaying signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Contact lenses must be removed when performing the treatment on the upper eyelids.
- Skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- If you have a sunburn/suntan, treatment should be postponed for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Discontinue use of any AHA and/or Retinol skincare products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- Discontinue use of any cleansers, creams, and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acid 4 weeks prior to having any facial Plasma Skin Tightening procedures.
We typically book sessions for a minimum of one hour.
- Numbing Time (applying and waiting for the numbing cream to take effect) – 30 mins.
- Treatment Time – 15 – 60 mins (or longer in larger areas of the body).
Plasma Fibroblast Treatments have been shown to be a safe procedure in thousands of patients around the world due to its non-invasive nature, but as with most cosmetic procedures, patients may experience minor side effects (redness, swelling) in the first 3-5 days after treatment.
The treatment area can show small but visible brown dotted marks, which typically heal within 7-10 days. If eye treatment is required, there may be 3-5 days of swelling which look very dramatic for the first few days. To avoid side effects such as hyperpigmentation, follow the aftercare instructions closely. These will be given to you prior to your treatment.
Overall, the treatment is comfortable and low in complications.
While you may resume your normal work immediately, the treatment can cause ‘crusts’ to form on the skin giving a distinctive dotting effect. You can also experience swelling in the area treated, particularly in the eye area. The swelling will diminish over a 3-5 day period and the crust (brown dots) that occur are gone on average between 7-10 days.
These are, however, cosmetic issues only so technically there is no real downtime if these visual effects are of no concern to you.
We recommend you do not wear makeup in the area treated during the 5-7 day because make up can disrupt the scabs before they are ready to flake off.
Bepanthen cream (Helps heal very dry, cracked, and irritated skin) can be used several times a day as required.
Plasma Fibroblast treatment is a very safe and effective treatment with very little side effects.
Treatments are offered only to people who will see the benefits. Plasma is a very safe and effective treatment, however is not suitable for everyone. There are certain medical conditions and skin types which do not react well. We will assess this on an individual basis at your consultation visit and give full reasons to you if you are not eligible.
Treatment is not advised for:
- Candidates with very dark skin. The risk of hyper or hypo-pigmentation is much higher.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- History of poor wound healing, blood problems, collagen diseases, open cuts, wounds, sun burnt skin, active herpes outbreaks, pustule acne lesions.
- If you have any metal plates, pins or other implants.
- Cardio-vascular deficiencies including severe uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you have a pacemaker or any other medical device with an electrical current.
- Malignancy and chemotherapy in the past 3 years.
- Susceptibility to hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation.
- Auto-immune disease or other illnesses which affect the immune system.
- You must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). You must reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing an outbreak. If they have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sores/fever blisters) in the past you must see your Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment.
Candidates with dark skin have much higher risk of hyper or hypo-pigmentation.
This treatment is only recommended on light-medium skin tones.
We are able to treat Skin Tags, Cherry Angioma, Scar Removal, Age Spots, Benign Sunspots and Stretch Marks.
The positive effects of The Plasma Fibroblast Treatment is instant and visible during the treatment itself but will be even more noticeable at 8 weeks, with continuing improvement up to 12 weeks and beyond.
Follow up treatments may be performed after 8 weeks depending on your skin’s natural healing process.
Plasma skin tightening effects are comparable with invasive surgery. Like any surgical or cosmetic procedures, the effects of Plasma treatment are not entirely permanent and won’t stop the ageing process, however, the results you get should last you for many years.
The average adult should see the effects for three years or more. Negative lifestyle choices such as too much sun, smoking and excess alcohol consumption are discouraged in order to maintain lasting results. Aftercare and maintenance is possible at any time.
In most cases, only one treatment is required, however, depending on the area of the face or body being treated and individual severity of the condition and expectations one or two treatments may be necessary. One can have a top up when required.
Plasma Fibroblast Pen converts electrical energy into gaseous diatomic molecular nitrogen and transmits that energised gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface from above. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer (top layers) whilst simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conduction. This treatment is also known as fibroblasting. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
Surgery is invasive, meaning you get folds of skin cut off you with a scalpel and being stitched back together. It also has a much longer recovery time and can sometimes give less than satisfactory results.
As most people are aware, Botox can alter your facial expressions and long term works out more expensive. The Plasma pen won’t do this. It is safer and the effects can last up to three years.
Yes. However, it may not be suitable for everyone and results could vary.
If you have a very low pain threshold, you may experience some discomfort. To minimise and pain, we use a topical anaesthetic application (numbing cream) and allow it time to take effect in the areas you would like to have treated. The topical anaesthetic is applied for 30 mins for the best effect.
Price (per session)
- All skin blemishes must be diagnosed by a Doctor as benign before removal.
Prices may vary depending on the size of the area being treated. Final price will be determined during consultation.
Please give us a call for a FREE consultation and your personalised treatment plan.
Please see below a range of before and after images.
The procedure has potential benefits and risks and results may vary with each individual and in rare cases the desired results may not be reached. It is impossible to predict how you will respond to the treatment and how many sessions may be required due to unknown factors such as underlying medical conditions and lifestyle factors.