Laser Hair Removal
Beautilase – why SPLENDOR X
Splendor X is the only solid-state laser system powered by BLEND X technology (Binary Laser Emission of Nd:YAG and Alexandrite), SPLENDOR X is able to tailor treatments according to the individual’s skin type, hair colour and thickness, allowing for safer, more effective treatments for our clients.
“Beautilase previously used Candela technology. Why did we change?”
Beautilase has always been at the forefront of innovative technology and strive to offer the very latest laser technology to ensure great efficacy for our clients regarding permeant hair reduction. Whilst the Candela technology is an effective option, the technology has been in use for over 10 years. Our clients are also looking for skin treatments beyond laser hair removal – for freckles, pigmentation, sun damage, facial and legs veins. The Splendor X allows us to treat a wide range of skin conditions.
How does SPLENDOR X laser hair removal work?
Thanks to BELND X technology you should need fewer sessions than with a treatment using just single laser wavelength. It blends two laser wavelengths to harness their power and unique properties – and achieve better results. Also, a single laser wavelength may not be suitable for everyone.
The technology incorporates:
- Dual cooling system that results in a more comfortable treatment
- Largest spot size available – so treatments are faster for both client and operator
- Square spot which minimises missed treatment areas and un-necessary overlap, which again speeds up treatments particularly on larger areas such as the legs and full back
- The ability to treat all skin types and all hair types with the one handpiece. No down time. Just fast and effective treatments
- The only laser hair removal device with an inbuilt plume/smoke evacuator which removes carcinogens/ dangerous fumes
SPLENDOR X is FDA cleared, CE marked and is listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Australia’s medical regulatory body and it is used widely by leading aesthetic laser clinics and dermatology practices in New Zealand, Australia, US, Europe, Brazil and Japan.
*The reason Laser hair removal requires multiple treatments is because of the hair growth cycle.
There are three stages to the hair growth cycle:
Anagen – Growth Phase this is the active stage where the hair is getting fed with all the nutrients and hormones. This phase usually last 6 years
Catagen – Transition Stage is where hair detaches itself from the blood supply and is no long live and it is classed as dead hair. This phase usually last 3 weeks
Telogen – Resting Stage is where the hair beings to shed, (mean fall out). As the hair transiting up there will be a new hair growing in its place which the Anagen Phase
The average amount of treatments needed for most people is between 6 – 8 but many people experience needing anywhere between 8 -12 depending on many factors, including hair growth, area, lifestyle and hormonal changes and ethnicity. It is very important to adhere closely to your laser schedule. Failure to not follow your schedule will result in more treatments than normal.
Laser hair removal treatments can seem expensive but you have to think of it as a long term investment in yourself, which will save you money and time. With the added benefit of gaining your self confidence and self-esteem back. from having unwanted hair and any other irregularities you may have. It is worth the money.
- Money saved on: Waxing, Depilatory Creams, Razors, Threading, Sugaring and trimers.
- Money saved can be spent on: yourself, holidays, loved ones and so on
- Time saved on: Shaving, Waxing, applying Depilatory Creams, Threading Sugaring and trimers, shopping looking for the right product.
- Time saved can be spent on: family, friends, not rushing to shave before you go out and things that you love doing.
- No More Skin irritations & Ingrown hair caused by: Waxing, Shaving, Depilatory Creams, Threading, Epilating and tweezing etc. Laser will help eliminate skin irritations and ingrown hairs leaving your skin silky smooth. Wear the clothes you want and not have to think about it. Get your self confidence and self-esteem back.
- No More Waiting on hair to grow before: Waxing, Shaving, Depilatory Cream, Threading, Epilating and Tweezing.
- Laser is faster than: other methods of hair removal depending on what area you get lasered.
- End Result
- Summer and Holiday seasons: If you start your laser journey in the cooler months like early autumn, by the time the summer and the holiday season come around, you will be almost hair free. You will see great results in just a few treatments. Most people need anywhere between 6 to 14 treatments depending on the area and other factors. You will never have to think about unwanted hair again!
Laser hair removal is done in a very safe and controlled way. The Therapist will carry out a consultation prior to the treatment to address concerns you may have and run through what is involved in the treatment.
- Before a treatment, all make-up, oils, sunscreens and other skin products must be removed. Ideally you should do this prior to coming into the clinic.
- Lasers can cause eye injury and protective eyewear must be worn during treatment. We will provide this.
- First a gauge is placed on the skin followed by light cold spray on your skin before each laser pulse. At the end of the treatment an ice pack is applied if required, and before leaving the clinic sun block is applied.
- The treatment can take between 15 – 60 mins depending on the area or areas being treated.
- You can return to normal activities immediately, except for exercise or any heat treatments for 24hrs. However there may be some redness which could last up to a few hours
- Generally treatment intervals are 4-8 weeks depending on the area or areas being treated
What does laser hair removal feel like?
Our Clients have described the experience as:
- Cold but a little hot. No way near painful as IPL or waxing.
- A little burning, a bit ouchy
- Don’t feel nothing,
- Like a rubber band flick
You have to remember that the different parts of the body will feel different.
Most people can safely get laser hair removal, but may not be suitable for:
- People with blonde, red, or white hair
It is important to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This is a must and no exceptions will be made. Tanning creams (self-tanner) should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
Inform the Therapist if you have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year.
- No photosensitising medication
- No active infections or open lesions in the area to be treated
- No Significant concurrent skin conditions or any inflammatory skin conditions
- No active cold sores, open lacerations or abrasions
- No Chronic or cutaneous viral, fungal, or bacterial diseases
- Hair not to be waxed, plucked or threaded within 4 weeks of treatment
- Area to be shaved the evening prior to treatment.
- No hair or stubble can be visible
Thoroughly shave all areas (except face) night before treatment; skin must be clean and free of all hair and body skincare products.
If possible, arrive without creams or make-up on the treatment area. Otherwise, please arrive on time to your appointment in order to clean the skin.
Please wear loose clothing
Allow 20 minutes to 1 hour for your appointment depending on the size of the treatment area.
Shortly after treatment, in very rare cases treated areas may appear as swollen red bumps. Cold compresses will be provided; you may continue to apply these compresses for your comfort over the next 24 hours if needed. We recommend 5-10 minute applications.
The hair will grow as normal over the course of 2 weeks after the treatment. You will naturally expel the treated hairs over the next 10 – 14 days.
Avoid irritating the treated area with aggressive exfoliation, such as with a bath puff or scrub.
Treated areas should either be kept out of direct sun light, or sun protection is imperative after any skin laser treatment. A broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen (SPF 30 or greater) should be worn on treated areas each day.
Between treatments you may continue to remove hair by shaving only.
Avoid harsh skin peeling treatment. Blistering and crusting are very rare; however, if these do occur a thin layer of Bepanthen can be applied 2-3 times a day for 3 days or more if required. You should always call the Therapist if you experience either of these.
Clients must adhere to pre-treatment and post-treatment care to avoid and side effects.
Common side effects with any laser: every skin type and colour:
Skin irritation, temporary discomfort, redness and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear straight away or it can take several hours.
Pigment changes might cause Hyper-pigmentation or dark spots (darkening of the skin) or Hypo-pigmentation (lightening of the skin). These can be temporary or permanent. Hypo-pigmentation can affect people who haven’t avoided exposure to the sun before or after treatment and also who have darker skin.
In rare cases, it could cause burning, blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture. In very rare cases, laser can stimulate hair growth.
Yes. At Beautilase, we use the SPLENDOR X laser. The longer wavelength laser combined with a 3-millisecond pulse allows it to treat even the smallest of hair diameters and darker skin clients, and is less likely to cause hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. This makes the laser safe for all ethnicity backgrounds.
Hyper-pigmentation or dark spots (darkening of the skin) this usually resolves after few months or it can take up to a year. In our clinic as an extra precaution we do ask our Clients to use a Tyrosinase inhibitor.
Laser hair removal is safe and effective on all parts of the body except inside the ear and inside the nose.
- Hormone Treatments
- Oral Contraceptives
Frequency of laser hair removal treatments is as follows:
- Face: 4-6 weeks (people with hormonal issues may initially need to have treatments every 2 weeks until the hair growth starts decreasing.
- Trunk: 6-8 weeks
- Bikini line: 4-6 weeks
- Underarms: 4-6 weeks
- Legs: 8-12 weeks
- Arms: 8-12 weeks
- You will see great results in just a few treatments. Most people need anywhere between 6 to 12 treatments depending on the area and other factors. You will never have to think about unwanted hair again!
You may need maintenance treatments when desired.
It depends on many factors, including the amount hair growth, area, lifestyle and hormonal changes and ethnicity. It is very important to adhere closely to your laser schedule. Failure to not follow your schedule could result in more treatments than normal. Some people are done in as little as 6 treatments and some may require anywhere between 6 and 14.
In our experience, Clients have found the most discomfort on the middle of the upper lip and the inner part of the Brazilian area.
Laser hair removal is 85% to 90% permanent and known as ‘permanent hair reduction’ requiring tops ups as and when required. The reason it is not 100% permanent is due to hormonal changes, stress life style factors.
You can get approximately see 20% to 30% reduction, this is also based on how many hairs are in the active stage of hair growth (Anagen). Your lasered hairs will fall out within 10-14 days after your session and they won’t grow back. The growth you see coming back after 14 days is the hairs that are in the, Catagen – phase called Transition Stage is where hair detaches itself from the blood supply and is no long live and it is classed as dead hair. This phase usually last 3 weeks and Telogen – Resting Stage is where the hair beings to shed, (mean fall out). As the hair transiting up there will be a new hair growing in its place which the Anagen Active Phase.
You will notice that the hair grows slower, is lighter, requires fewer and easier shaves and less irritation.
There are factors that could influence your results with laser hair removal. Possible reasons can include hormonal changes and imbalances:
- PCOS – Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome
- Heredity can play a factor in the results as well.
We recommend that you have a very lukewarm shower after 3-4 hours and avoid using any scrubs, loofahs or sponges on your treatment area.
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) is when a halogen bulb throws a broad spectrum of light on the skin in multiple wavelengths. This means the energy is not focused and is scattered and weak.
IPL is more beneficial for pigmentation and broken capillaries in lighter skin people and during cooler months. Due to melanin in the skin, it is not safe for people with darker skin.
Laser works by delivering an intense beam of light which is more focused and is absorbed by the skin. This light is converted to heat which bypasses the skin tissue and is absorbed by the melanin in the hair. It targets the blood supply to kill the hair which makes laser far more effective and superior than IPL. Laser also work great on broken capillaries and for skin tightening in all skin types and colours.
We have had very good success in treating many clients with Folliculitis Barbae and Pseudo Folliculitis where dermatologists were unable to help.
Folliculitis Barbae is when inflamed hair follicles have been infected with the bacteria ‘staphylococcus aureus’. It occurs in men who shave and in men that do not shave. Once Folliculitis Barbae has been infected, it is called ‘Sycosis Barbae’ and leads to scarring and areas of permanent hair loss.
Laser Hair Removal
Please give us a call for a FREE consultation and your personalised treatment plan.
Please see below a range of before and after images.
Results by BEAUTILASE