FOCUS Laser Skin Tightening
Our FOCUS treatment will make your skin look better by using our Picosecond Laser which is the latest technology for Skin Tightening. It will have you looking youthful and fresher with the reduction of wrinkles, pigmentation, and acne scars.
The FOCUS treatment has specifically designed lenses that help produce collagen and elastin fibres which help us have better tone and skin texture. The Picosecond Laser is so fast (a Picosecond is 1/10000000th of a nanosecond) that it does not harm the skins surface.
It works on most areas of the body including the face, neck, arms, and hands, around your eyes. Pico Lasers are ideal for lightening the skin especially if you have pigmentation and dark spots.
We can treat all skin types no matter how light or dark the skin may be. The reason for this is that the FOCUS treatment uses a special lens and provides a specific wavelength of light – 755mm to precise depth of skin. Together they focus energy and start the process of stimulating new collagen and elastin fibres but not damaging the skin layers. This is important in creating younger and smoother skin texture.
- No pain
- No downtime
- Stimulates high collagen production
- Reduces wrinkles, fines lines, acnes scars
- Lightens pigmentation and dark spots. Clearer skin.
- Evens skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types
- Safe and effective
- Fast and easy
- No downtime
FOCUS Skin Tightening is done in a very safe and controlled way. The Therapist will carry out a consultation prior to the treatment to address concerns you may have and run through what is involved in the treatment.
- Before a treatment, all make-up, oils, sunscreens and other skin products must be removed. Ideally you should do this prior to coming into the clinic.
- Lasers can cause eye injury and protective eyewear must be worn during treatment. We will provide this.
- The FOCUS laser is passed (a few times) over the area(s) to be treated.
- The treatment will take between 30 -45mins
- Once complete, we will apply sunblock before going outside
- You can return to normal activities directly after the treatment as there is no downtime. However there may be some redness which could last up to a few hours
- Generally treatment intervals are between 2-4 weeks but can be up to 8 weeks for darker skin types. You may require 3-4 treatments, possibly up to 6 depending on the severity of the condition being treated and individual desired results.
Short bursts of energy from the laser target the areas to help produce collagen and elastin fibres (through the body’s natural healing process it gets rid of older, damaged tissue and renews it giving you a better skin tone, skin texture and a youthful appearance. The Focus Lens pulse reaches the skin’s deepest layer.
FOCUS Picosecond Laser works well for treating the following:
- Acne scars and active acne
- Aging signs on the face, cleavage, arms, hands and legs.
- Melasma, brown spots, sun damage and freckles (pigmentation abnormalities)
- Eliminates fine wrinkles of face and chest
The treatment is quick and cake take 30- 45 mins salon time in total. This will also allow us to prepare and get you ready for the treatment.
Generally treatment intervals are 2-4 weeks but can be up to 8 weeks for darker skin types. You may require 3-4 treatments, possibly up to 6 depending on the initial result, for optimum results 3 to 5 treatments are suggested. Maintenance treatments are recommended every 6 months to a year if required.
There could be some temporary redness and swelling at the treatment site, which usually resolves in about an hour, but in some cases could be a bit longer. There could be some frosting of the skin during treatment but will resolve over the next few days.
It is suitable for both men and women of all skin types and tones.
It is not suitable for the following Clients:
- who have skin cancers
- Pregnant women
- Breast feeding women
- It is imperative that you avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This is a must and no exceptions should be made.
- Tanning creams (self-tanner) must be avoided for 4 weeks prior to the treatment
- If you have a history of herpes (oral cold sores, genital) or shingles in the treatment area let the therapist know. Start your antiviral medication (valacyclovir, acyclovir) as directed by your Doctor. Typically this would be 2 days prior to treatment and continued for 3 days after treatment but you must check with your Doctor first.
- Inform the Therapist if you have taken Accutane or Roaccutane (oral acne medication must be stopped 6 months prior to treatment) in the past year.
- Do not use medication that causes photosensitivity (doxycycline, minocycline) for at least 72 hours prior to the treatment
- Avoid a deep Facial peel and dermabrasion for 4 weeks before treatment
- Do not tweeze, wax or epilate the area being treated for approximately 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- The night before treatment thoroughly shave all areas to be treated; skin must be clean and free of all hair.
Immediately after the treatment you may have mild swelling. It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours.
- Avoid any trauma to the skin for up to 2-5 days, such as bathing with very hot water, strenuous exercise, or massage.
- Recommended to apply Aloe Vera gel if required.
- People of dark skin tone may have more discomfort than people of lighter skin tone and they may require the aloe vera gel.
- Mineral makeup may be used after the treatment
- You may shower after the laser treatment in tepid water. The treated area may be washed gently with your regular skin care. Skin should be patted dry and NOT rubbed.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for 1-2 months and throughout the course of the treatment to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. Use sunscreen SPF 30 or higher at all times throughout the treatment when going outside.
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching or chemical peels during the course of the treatment. Do not use any irritants such as Benzoyl Peroxide or astringents.
Laser Skin Resurfacing has a more obvious effect but poses more risks, discomfort and downtime than Skin Tightening. With Laser Skin Tightening, the laser heats the collagen under the skin surface to tighten it. Laser Skin Resurfacing uses the laser to remove the outer layers of skin which promotes the growth of new and healthier skin. Skin Resurfacing removes the top layers of skin which means it can be used for a wider range of treatments. However the risk of colour changes and scarring is greater.
Price (per session)
Please give us a call for a FREE consultation and your personalised treatment plan.
Please see below a range of before and after images.