How does DERMAPEN, MICRONEEDLING work?
Derma pen (also known as collagen induction therapy) is based on your skin’s natural ability to repair itself whenever there is physical damage, such as cuts, burns and other abrasions.
Immediately after your skin is damaged your body re-uses the damaged collagen and elastin fibres to create new skin.
Skin needling allows for the controlled stimulation of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating ‘micro-injuries’ in the skin. This triggers new collagen growth, yet does not pose the risk of permanent scarring.
The result is smoother, firmer skin.
How is DERMAPEN treatment performed?
Derma Pen is done in a very safe and controlled way using a topical anaesthetic is applied to your skin before I start to make the experience as comfortable and painless as possible. Once the skin has lost feeling the Derma Pen is gently moved over your skin to puncture the outer layers and create miniscule sub-cutaneous punctures. These microscopic wounds stimulate new collage growth that will continue for up to a year, yet will close in less than an hour.
How quickly will I see results after DERMAPEN, MICRONEEDLING?
The results of the treatment rely on kick-starting your body’s own collagen production, it can take between four to eight weeks before you start to full benefits. A series of between four and six treatments is usually recommended to achieve maximum results. You will however notice a big improvement in your skin after just one treatment.
• Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired result.
• For collagen + Skin Rejuvenation— 3-6 treatments / 6 Weeks Apart
• For scar + Acne Scars and Acne reduction Pigmentation- 4-6 treatments / 6 weeks Apart
The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds.
We can add-on DERMAPEN, MICRONEEDLING treatment?
We are able to infuse an active serum specifically formulated to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
• Brite Light Serum for ACNE/ACNE SCARRING/PIGMENTATION
• Retin Active for AGEING/SCARRING
How should I prepare my skin for DERMAPEN?
Priming your skin should ideally begin four weeks before your first appointment, however one week is still acceptable and fairly common. Preparing your skin aids in the healing process and ensures the best results. Using vitamins C and A is a great way to accelerate the process.
• Skin should be makeup-free and cleaned thoroughly.
• Avoid any auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours before the treatment
Avoid prolonged sun exposure to the treatment area 24 hours before the treatment
After Treatment Protocol
• You should stay away from the alcohol based products for the first 24 hours as that can make your skin extremely dry
• Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours
• Do not apply any sunscreen, tanning lotion or any other skincare products because your skin’s micro channels are open for a period of time and also because many of the skincare products have toxic ingredients
• Do not apply any kind of makeup for at least 12 hours
• Avoid direct sun exposure for minimum 10 days
• Do not use alcohol-based toners for at least 15 days
How will my skin look like immediately after DERMAPEN?
Your skin will be red and flushed, similar to moderate sunburn. You will also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following the skin needling treatment, and within forty eight hours your skin will be completely healed. After five days there will be barely any evidence that skin needling has taken place. The length of the downtime and recovery time depends on the micro-needle size used for your treatment, and you will be informed about your predicted post-treatment appearance during the consultation.
How should I care for my skin after DERMAPEN MICRONEEDLING treatment?
• It is very important that you follow the recommendations of your beauty therapist carefully to help make the procedure as successful as possible and to reduce the risk of complications.
• You should stay away from the alcohol based products for the first 24 hours as that can make your skin extremely dry.
• Do not apply any kind of makeup for at least 12 hours.
• Avoid direct sun exposure for minimum 10 days.
• Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours
• To promote better healing DO NOT use AHA’s, glycolic acid, ethinol, acidic or active ingredients for 2-3 days.
• To avoid infection make sure your hands are always clean when touching the areas that have been treated.
• Use tepid water to cleanse the face for at least the first forty eight hours. Pat dry your face – do not rub.
• Apply a calming and soothing cleanser, hyaluronic acid to hydrate, colostrum gel to calm and soothe, vitamin A to promote collagen and elastin, and zinc to help heal and protect your skin from the sun.
• Do not apply conventional make-up products for the first twelve hours following skin needling. If you need make-up use a mineral based product.
Your normal skincare regime can be resumed once the skin had completely healed.
• Additionally, topical application of vitamin C and vitamin A will lead to a dramatic acceleration of the regeneration processes.
DERMAPEN, MICRONEEDLING is not suitable for some clients:
• Taken Roaccutane/Accutane within the last 6 months.
• Have had radiation treatment within the last year.
• Have active bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
• Have scars that are less than 6 months old.
• Undergone facial surgery in the past 6 months old.
• Have blood clotting problems or poor wound healing.
• Take blood thinners.
• Have areas of the skin that are numb or lack sensation.
• Have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing.